We all know that feeling of wanting to hang onto our old tablet, even if it is no longer in use. After all, it was once your trusted sidekick for work, school, and entertainment. But what do you do with an old tablet that you no longer use? Sure, you can stick it in a drawer and forget about it—or you can get creative and find ways to repurpose and reuse it. In this blog post, we will explore 10 creative ways to repurpose an old tablet that you no longer use. From turning it into a digital photo frame to using it as a home security system, there are plenty of ways to give new life to your old device!
The many uses for an old tablet
An old tablet can be repurposed in a number of ways, depending on its condition and your needs. If the device still works well, you can use it as a second monitor for your computer or even turn it into a digital photo frame. If the battery is no longer holding a charge, you can gut the device and use the screen as a replacement for a broken home button on an iPhone. You can also donate your old tablet to a school or charity.
How to repurpose your tablet
If you have an old tablet lying around that you no longer use, there are plenty of ways to repurpose it. Here are a few ideas:
- Use it as a digital photo frame. Download a slideshow app and fill it with photos of your family, friends, or pets.
- Use it as a dedicated e-reader. Install your favorite eBook app and load it up with books, magazines, or comics.
- Use it as a kitchen aid. There are tons of great cooking apps that can help you follow recipes, convert measurements, and more.
- Use it as a workout buddy. Track your progress and listen to music or audio books while you exercise with any number of great fitness apps.
- Use it as a second screen for your computer or TV. There are several apps that let you wirelessly connect your tablet to another screen, which can come in handy for work or entertainment purposes.
10 creative ways to repurpose your tablet
If you have an old tablet that you no longer use, there are many creative ways that you can repurpose it. You can use it as a digital photo frame, a video player, or even a gaming device. With a little bit of creativity, your old tablet can be given new life and become a useful device once again.
There are a number of creative ways that you can repurpose your tablet once you no longer have a use for it. Here are just a few ideas:
- Use it as a digital photo frame: Download a gallery app or even just use the slideshow feature in your photo gallery to display your favorite photos on your tablet’s screen. You can set it up in any room of your home, and it makes for a great conversation starter.
- Use it as a dedicated e-reader: If you love to read but don’t want to invest in a Kindle or other e-reader, repurpose your old tablet as one! There are plenty of great reading apps available, and you can keep all of your books stored right on your device.
- Use it as a kitchen TV: Mount your tablet on the wall or set it up on a stand in the kitchen, and use it as a “TV” while you’re cooking dinner or working at the counter. You can stream cooking shows, listen to music, or even catch up on the news while you’re busy in the kitchen.
- Use it as a control center: If you have smart devices in your home (like thermostats, lights, etc.), download some apps and use your tablet as a central control panel. This way, you can easily adjust settings without having to search for individual devices around the house.
- Use it for video chat: If you want to video chat with friends and family, but don’t have a laptop or desktop computer, use your tablet as a dedicated video chatting device. Download Skype, FaceTime, or any other video chatting app and keep it in an easily-accessible place so you can chat with ease.
- Use it for video streaming: Whether you want to catch up on the latest episode of your favorite show or watch a movie on Netflix, repurpose your tablet as a dedicated streaming device. This way, you won’t have to worry about someone else using up all of the bandwidth while you’re trying to watch something.
- Use it as a gaming console: With the right apps (like Amazon Underground), you can turn your tablet into a gaming console! Download some exciting games and get ready for hours of entertainment without having to worry about consoles or bulky cords.
- Use it as an educational tool: If you have children at home, use your tablet as an educational tool! There are plenty of great apps out there that can help them learn math, science, history, and more in a fun and interactive way.
- Use it for art projects: Get creative and download some drawing apps to use with your tablet. This way, you can draw, paint, and create digital art projects without having to invest in expensive art supplies.
- Use it as a security monitor: If you’re away from home for an extended period of time, use your old tablet as a security camera. Set it up in a spot that’s easily visible, and connect it to a security app so you can keep an eye on your home while you’re away.
There are so many innovative and creative ways to repurpose an old tablet you no longer use. By taking the time to explore these options, you can easily give your device a second life that is both functional and fun. Whether it’s becoming an extra TV monitor in your home or even being used as a digital painting canvas, there are countless possibilities when it comes to giving new life to an old tablet. So don’t let your unused tablet collect dust – get creative with it!
Also, Read Tech Bali